Curtains are an important element of the room’s aesthetic. Without curtains, your room will look unfinished. Above all, correctly hanging the curtain is extremely important to achieve privacy, functionality, and room aesthetic. Your well-decorated room deserves a great curtain installed, no matter if it is window blackout curtains in Malibu or any other. There are some rules to hang the curtains that everyone should follow.
- Separate the panels– If you have a large window, try an extra wide curtain rod that is stronger enough to bear the heavy weight of your large curtains. Hang multiple panels across the rod, ensuring each panel can perfectly cover the whole window. Using the separate panels also helps you effortlessly open and shut the curtains to ensure privacy and allow the light in.
- Ensure curtains complement the wall décor– Either you should choose a curtain that can easily blend with your room walls, or you should make sure the curtain contrasts with the room walls. Therefore while choosing the color for the curtains, consider the room walls and then pick the curtains.
- Hide the curtain hardware– In many cases, the curtain does not work out the window frames, especially when there is a large window. Try to mount your curtains concealing the window hardware to create a minimalist look. This small change can have a huge impact on the overall appearance of your room. You can use an outside mount for a more luxurious look and fuller window coverage, while inside mounts are great for a modern feel.
- Do you have enough curtain fabric– The curtains should be enough wider and longer, so they should feel full and like a bed sheet on the bed. The curtain should be at least 2 to 2.5 times wider than the actual width of the window.
- Hang your curtain high– The higher the curtains, the taller the window appears. Ensure you fix your curtain rod a little closer to the ceiling and top of the window. In general, it should be hung at least 4 to 6 inches above the window frame.
- Use a template– Using a template will give an idea at which height you should hang your curtains. If you have time, make a couple of cardboard pieces and check where you should hang your curtain.
Leave the window curtains installation task to our window treatment experts.
At Window Treatment By Grace, we are expert window treatment professionals who will assist you in hanging your curtains in the right way. In fact, we will assist you in selecting the best window curtains for your home in Calabasas after inspecting your home décor and considering your specific window treatment needs.
Original Link:- Six Rules to Hang Your Curtains Perfectly