Bed bugs are nasty pests. They multiply faster and turn to a bed bug infestation just in a few days. Once they enter your room, they start spreading all over the house and hide into their favorite areas like beds, box springs, mattresses, clothing, and furniture.
If they find the living conditions favorable, they even breed faster and get uncontrollable for anyone. Before you come across this undesirable situation, you should look for ways to prevent bed bug spread and approach a bug exterminator Phoenix AZ, for bed bug removal.
Below are the things you can do to prevent bed bug infestation from spreading in other rooms;
- Declutter– The first thing you should do is to declutter your place. Remember, the cluttered room gives bed bugs a more favorable situation to live in and spread. You don’t need to create any narrow spaces to breed.
- Don’t bring used furniture- Many folks bring used furniture just because they come inexpensive. But it could be a wrong decision. There is a strong possibility to find bed bugs in the used furniture. Therefore, it is strongly recommended not to buy upholstered furniture because you never know where it came from. Bringing the used furniture is a common way to allow bed bugs to enter your home and spread in other rooms. Nevertheless, If you are bringing the used furniture, then keep it in the garden for a few days to figure out whether they have bed bugs or not.
- Give a wash to your bedsheets and pillowcases– If you suspect any bed bugs, thoroughly check your bed, box springs, mattress, and bedsheets. Give a wash to your bedsheets and pillowcases. Meanwhile, always use a high heating setting of your washer and dryer to completely kill the bed bugs as well as the eggs.
- Regular vacuum your room– Bed bugs hide in small holes, crevices, cracks, where it is very difficult to get access. Here the vacuuming comes in. Take the vacuum cleaner and capture all bed bugs hidden on your carpets, beds, and other differences to reach parts of your home. The vacuum will also capture the eggs. Once the vacuuming gets done, make sure you throw the vacuum cleaner plastic bag safely outside of your home in a public dustbin, ensuring the bed bugs do not come and infect your place once again.
- Check your luggage properly before entering your home – Bed bugs are found everywhere, whether it is public transport, hospitals, offices, etc. Since bed bugs are tiny pests and do not have wrings, they require a carrier to travel from one place to another. They can hide in your luggage, shoes, and clothes. Eventually, they can enter your home. Therefore, properly check your luggage, clothing, and shoes while entering the home from outside.
- Seal all crevices and cracks in the walls– Cracks, crevices, and holes are the common places where bed bugs hide after feeding human blood. Not just they hide, but they lay eggs and results in a bed bug infestation. All you have to do is to seal all crevices, cracks, and holes as soon as possible to prevent bed bugs from infesting in other rooms.
- Avoid moving furniture from one room to another frequently– This way, you minimize the chance of bed bugs spreading from one room to another through the furniture and other items.
The main cause of bed bug spread is the lack of knowledge. Many people don’t know how bed bugs spread and how to identify the bed bugs in the home. Following the above steps, anyone can control the bed bug spread in other rooms. Firstly, you have to determine the bed bug presence, and then you have to control the spread. Finally, you have to approach the pest control company to get professional bed bug pest control services in Phoenix.
Relying on bed bug professionals to control the bed bug spread is the best possible way to thoroughly get rid of the bed bugs. They are equipped with advanced tools and techniques to detect and remove bed bugs from your home.