Over the past several years, Acupuncture has witnessed an upsurge in popularity in the western world among health enthusiasts and celebrities alike. Acupuncture might appear like the latest health trend in the health and wellness space, but this ancient practice dates back over 3000 years!
At the core of Acupuncture’s message is the idea that the human body is a delicate balance of yin and yang. When these two opposing yet inseparable forces are out of balance, we fall sick. To fix this, an acupuncturist inserts thin needles into certain areas of the body to restore energy balance-today; this process is known as Acupuncture.
If you are wondering what exactly Acupuncture is and how those tiny needles offer excellent therapeutic benefits, read on!
First, what is Acupuncture? And what does Acupuncture Treat?
- Acupuncture is an ancient healing practice that stimulates the body’s natural healing capabilities. The process involves strategic placement of tiny, stainless steel, sterile/single-use needles into specific points on the body to balance the energy flow or life force – recognized as “chi” or “qi”.
- People looking for a natural and holistic way to address conditions such as insomnia, infertility, stress, anxiety or depression, aches and pains from TMJ to arthritis, menstrual pain, digestive problems, and much more can consider getting acupuncture treatment for weight loss in Brooklyn.
- Whether you want to lose weight, develop a strong and flexible body or be at peace, Acupuncture can help you achieve it all. If you’ve been thinking of delving into the world of Acupuncture, take a look at these five powerful ways Acupuncture can transform your life.
Does Acupuncture Hurt?
- Many first-time acupuncture patrons may feel nervous by thinking about the pain or discomfort they may feel due to needles. However, Acupuncture doesn’t actually hurt
Because the needles used in the treatment are entirely different from those surgical ones.
- The overall experience entirely depends on the person. Some patients feel some sensation when the needle is inserted, while others don’t feel them at all. Most patients experience a deep sense of calm and relaxation during the treatment.
- Even a needle-phobic patient thoroughly enjoys acupuncture sessions because acupuncture needles are delicate, fragile like hair and designed to bend if the client feels uncomfortable during acupuncture treatment. The overall experience is so soothing and relaxing that people sometimes just fall asleep during the session.
Powerful Benefits of Acupuncture that Make it worth Trying
- Improve Sleep Quality
Tired of sleeplessness? Acupuncture stimulates the production of melatonin – a hormone that controls your sleep-wake cycles. Our hectic lifestyle often hampers melatonin production, which results in insomnia and sleep deprivation. Acupuncture helps restore your natural ability to fall asleep and stay asleep!
- Provides Stress Relief
Everyone deals with stress in their life from time to time, but many don’t know how to tackle it. Whether it’s due to chronic illness, work pressure, or imbalanced hormones, getting Acupuncture for stress relief in Brooklyn can make a big difference. Acupuncture stimulates the central nervous system, which lifts your mood and leads to a more positive mindset and enhanced mood.
- Decrease Body Fat
Getting Acupuncture for weight loss in Brooklyn can be effective in losing weight. The calming effects of the needles can help you lose weight by controlling hormone production, enhancing metabolism, optimizing digestion, lowering inflammation, suppressing the appetite, and optimizing other bodily functions related to obesity and weight loss. Several studies have shown that acupuncture people who have received Acupuncture experienced significant weight loss.
- Improves Menstrual Disorders
Acupuncture has long been used in Chinese medicine to treat Premenstrual syndrome, menstrual pain, cramps, irregular periods, PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), heavy bleeding, and amenorrhea. If you are dealing with chronic hormonal or menstrual disorders, Acupuncture can be an effective, affordable, and safe way to alleviate, improve, and better manage your conditions than pharmaceutical approaches.
Most people don’t realize just how powerful Acupuncture can be. If you actually want to transform your life, go ahead and give Acupuncture a try. The calm and relaxed states of mind that one experiences after the acupuncture sessions for stress relief in Brooklyn are simply magical. In addition to incredible health benefits, it provides spiritual awakening, thereby helping you find a deeper meaning in your life. So find an acupuncturist, get the treatment, and you won’t regret it.