When you hear of stone cleaning services, what comes to mind? Cleaning natural stones such as marble, limestone, travertine, onyx, and the likes. Right?
Amazingly, these stones are used in most homes to beautify the entrance, living room, kitchen counters, bathroom, bedroom, and even the fireplace. However, many people tend to shy away from using these stones because they are prone to scratch, etching, dirt, and much more
But, the good news is, if these stones are well taken care of, they can stand the test of time. Therefore, in this guide, we shall be talking about the do’s and don’ts for cleaning your natural stone surfaces, how you can preserve the beauty of your natural stone, and most importantly, where you can get the best stone cleaning services in Dallas.
What are the Do’s and Don’ts for Cleaning Natural Stones?
To get the best shine off your natural stone, go through very important quick and easy tips that can help preserve your stone for a long time.
- Clean with a damp and soft sponge or towel with a dab of pH-neutral soap. Most preferably, a dishwasher soap. Do not under any circumstances use an abrasive cleanser or a rough sponge as it may strip away the sealant used for your precious stone
- When you want to clean a soap scum or crusted-on food, ensure you use a brush with soft bristles. Clean gently and in circular motions to avoid scraping the surface
- Remember to dry your stone surface with a soft towel, or you preferably blow dry immediately after cleaning
- Products that were not made for natural stones should not be used. Otherwise, it may damage your stone eventually
- Be sure not to drag items like vacuums across the floor
- If you want to wipe away abrasive particles, be sure you damp the mop or towel used to avoid a scratch
- Avoid using stuff like vinegar, lemon juice, or other items that contain acids on your natural stone
What is the importance of sealant for natural stones?
With the right sealant for your natural stone, you’re halfway into protecting its lifespan. Although, putting too much trust in sealants alone might not be advisable. This is because these stones are usually riddled with veins and sponge-like capillaries that absorb liquids.
Therefore, putting too much trust in sealants without properly taking care of your stones is almost the same as having your stones without sealants at all. Sealants only protect the surface from stains. It doesn’t prevent discoloration or etching.
But with sealants, it’s a lot easier to clean out discoloration and reduce the amount of etching that may want to occur on your stone. You can think of it as some cover.
However, every natural stone has its sealant. Some sealants are more tropical than others and can ‘to an extent’ repel spilled glasses of wine, juice, or even soap scum.
The sealant does make cleaning easy. However, it does not negate that routine maintenance is needed to keep your stone shiny all day.
Where can I get a stone cleaning company in Dallas?
If you live in Dallas and you need a stone cleaning company to help with stone cleaning services in Dallas, look no further as we at stone restoration services have got you covered.
With our over 20 years of experience in this field, rest assured you’ll have the best cleaning services you need. Additionally, we are very keen on customer satisfaction, so rest assured you’re definitely in great hands.
Some of the services we offer are:
- Mortar work.
- Grout cleaning and seal.
- House wash and seal.
- Stain and seal.
- Interior is sealing services for your bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen counters, fireplace, and even walls.
- Exterior Services for your walkway and much more.
Our goal is to help you beautify and protect your natural stone all day long. Therefore, if you need help maintaining your stone, we’re just one call away.
Now you know what to do to ensure your stone stays strong for a long time. For more information about the services we offer, you can click here. Also, know that a broken stone is likely to get you injured. Hence the need for professional services. Contact us today; we’re pleased to work with you.