Did you the total consumption of tequila was nearly 20 million 9 liters in 2019. It shows that tequila is a highly popular liquor among Americans, and its popularity is constantly increasing with time. This spirit can be enjoyed in various ways, depending on person to person. For instance, some folks love to have tequila shots and neat, while some people take tequila with lime or in a margarita. Today, it is one of the most popular liquors in the USA and Mexico. Let’s know about tequila and its different types, including tequila king.
What is tequila?
Tequila is a distilled spirit made from the Agave Azul and Blue Agave plant. It is only produced in a specific region of Mexico. Taquila is a type of mezcal that includes spirits made from other grave plant types.
If you go more specific, then it is made from the sugar found in the agave plant. The plant core part is cooked to extract the sugar. Then it is fermented, distilled, and aged to create a unique aroma and flavor. Agave plants found in the highlands of the Jalisco region have a sweeter and fruiter taste, while plants sourced from the lowlands of Jalisco region give more earthly flavor to the tequila. The aging length in the barrel determines the aroma and color of the tequila, type of wood determines its flavors.
According to the Maximum laws, the tequila spirit should contain a minimum of 51% weber blue agave. If tequila is not labeled 100% agave, it is known as Mixto, which means that it is mixed with different agave varieties.
Tequila is distilled in column stills or pots until it gets 110 proof. Then the distillate is cut with water to create strength. Tequila usually contains 30 to 40 alcohol percentage by volume.
The flavor of tequila also depends on the type of tequila it is and where it is grown. Below we have introduced you to different types of tequila that you must try if you want some unique experience with the liquor.
- Blanco Tequila– It is a clear spirit that is rested in the stainless steel tanks for a maximum of 60 days. It is an all-purpose spirit that can be stocked at home and enjoyed in multiple ways.
- Reposado Tequila– This tequila type is aged in the wood casks, usually for the two months maximum, while many of the Reposado tequila can be aged between three to nine months. Many distilleries store the tequila for aging in bourdon barrels to give a unique finishing touch.
- Joven Tequila– The tequila are considered un-aged spirits that are not 100% agave plant, but various other things are also added. This tequila can be flavored and colored with oak extract, syrup, caramel, and various other additives.
- Anejo Tequila– This spirit is aged in white French oak or bourdon barrels for one year of a time period to create a dark and robust spirit. Most Anejo Tequila spirits are aged between 18 months and three years. This spirit tends to have a smoother and good balance of oak flavor and agave accented by caramel undertones and butterscotch.
- Extra-Anejo Tequila– It is the fifth creation in the different types of tequila, which is labeled or muy Anejo or extra-Anejo. Extra-Anejo is aged for three years in barrels to create a distinct flavor.
Tequila is used as a base to make various cocktails like chimayo, paloma, sangrita, and tequila sunrise. You can search for the recipes can create one for yourself.
In fact, Tequila is used in cooking as well. It is used in dishes like Salsas and marinades that are lightly cooked foods. Also, you can find the presence of tequila in TexMex, Mexican, and Caribbean recipes. Tequilla can be paired with cilantro, citrus, chili peppers.
Where to find tequila?
You don’t need to pay a visit to the liquor shop in person as it is easily available online in Pico Rivera. Whether it is Tequila King or Roca Patron, you can get it anytime. The online liquor shop offers all types of alcoholic beverages. All you need to do is find the reputed liquor store that keeps multiple liquor brands in its collection and provides on-time delivery.