Roller shades are one of the most popular window treatments because of their clean appearance and ability to easily blend with the home décor to give a stunning look. They occupy minimalist space and allow you to cover it with drapery to give a traditional yet stylish look.
The roller shade window treatments in Malibu are available in a variety of colors, fabrics, and designs. If you already have roller shades at your home and are looking forward to upgrading to make it a more efficient window treatment option, this post is for you.
Below are the optional features to upgrade your roller shades;
- Cordless lift– This advanced feature can be a major upgrade for the roller shades, eliminating the need for the cords and allowing the roller shades to be raised and lowered easily. You can get direct assistance from the window treatment professionals to install this cordless lift system to your existing roller shade.
- Continuous cord loop– This upgrade secures your roller shades to the window frame or wall, enabling you to easily raise and lower the shades by pulling the loop cord in either direction.
- Valances and cornices– You can add valance and cornices to your roller shade to conceal the shade hardware. In fact, roller shades can also upgrade to a reverse roll to hide the shades to create a cleaner look.
- Motorization– It is an ultimate upgrade to add convenience. The motorization feature allows you to raise and lower your roller shades by remote control.
Roller shades maintenance tips
Roller shades are a versatile window treatment that goes well with almost any architecture. Because they provide an elegant look, they require regular maintenance to keep appearing nice for years to come. Regular maintenance is all about regular cleaning.
- Use a feather duster to clean the roller shades that accumulate dust, pollen, dirt, pet hair, and other debris.
- Vacuuming is another way to remove debris from the fabric quickly. Ensure you use the vacuum with a soft brush attachment to gently clean the fabric, avoiding any damage to the fabric. You can adjust the suction to only as much power as required to remove the stubborn dirt and debris from the fabric.
- Using a sponge is the easiest way to remove the light stains and dirt from the headrails quickly.
- Ensure you clean your roller shades once a month. If your place receives frequent foot traffic, you may require cleaning the shades once every two weeks.
If you are looking forward to upgrading your roller shades, ensure you approach the professional window treatment experts. The window treatment experts can assist you in properly maintaining your window treatments, no matter if it is a roller shade or drapery custom window treatments in Oak Park.